Hollywood actor, Cuba Gooding Jr accused of rape.
Hollywood and Oscar award-winning actor, Cuba Gooding Jr. has been charged with the offence of sexual assault in a new civil lawsuit.
The 52-year-old actor was accused of raping his alleged victim twice in 2013 inside his New York City hotel room at the time.
The lawsuit, which was filed on Tuesday in Manhattan federal court, alleged that the actor attacked the woman, identified in court papers as “Jane Doe” after she met him at a Greenwich Village VIP lounge.
According to the lawsuit, the woman whose identity has been kept private due to security reasons claimed the actor invited her up to his hotel room where he began to undress in front of her.
She also alleged that the actor blocked the door, pushed her onto the bed, and raped her twice.
”She is suing Gooding Jr. for an alleged “crime of violence” committed on the basis of gender and is seeking a trial by jury.
”She is also seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages,” the lawsuit read.
However, Gooding Jr’s attorney, Mark Heller, denied the claims made by the anonymous accuser in a statement to the PEOPLE.
“The allegations against Cuba Gooding Jr. are false and perjurious.
“There was absolutely no conduct committed in a criminal nature as alleged.
“We expect the case to be dismissed.
“It was an alleged incident that took place over seven years ago with no criminal complaint at the time,” Heller said.
This is the latest accusation of sexual assault against Gooding Jr., who is already facing six counts of sexual abuse and forcible touching.
The actor was arraigned last week in Manhattan state court, where he pleaded not guilty to six misdemeanor charges of forcible touching and sexual abuse.
Also, the state prosecutors said that more than two dozen women have made claims against Gooding since allegations first arose against him.